Whole Wheat Cupcakes with walnuts – It has been long since I posted a guest recipe on the blog. When I had asked for guest recipes on a facebook group, Sopna gave me this guest recipe to post on my blog. I am really thankful to her for the delicious and healthy cupcake recipe that I am sure your kids will love.
This recipe of cupcakes uses whole wheat flour and brown sugar. It also uses walnuts. Hence, it is absolutely healthy for your kids and adults too.
If you are looking for more cake recipes, click below for some yummy eggless cake recipes:
Off to Sopna now:
Just a small intro about me.
I am Sopna Roopesh , a B.Tech graduate. I worked in an IT firm for 3 years. Then got married and moved to Bahrain. As a homemaker, I simply love cooking and experimenting new dishes. My hubby is my best critic… I have a son who is 4 years old. Off late, I became health conscious. So started using organic veggies, non GMO food stuffs and avoiding plastics. My kiddo troubled me for cakes. Being a health freak, I thought of doing cup cakes with wheat flour and brown sugar. Usually my son doesn’t like walnuts, but I wanted to make him eat. Hence tried this cupcake.
Preparation Method of Whole Wheat Cupcakes:
Makes: 9 cupcakes
- Whole Wheat flour – 1 n half cup
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Melted Butter – 50 grams
- Baking powder – 1/8 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – just a pinch
- Milk – as required
- Vanilla essence – 1/8 tsp
- Walnuts – handful
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- In a bowl, add in melted butter, then sugar and blend well.
- Sieve and add the flour so that there wont be any lumps while mixing.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, vanilla essence, salt and walnuts and blend well.
- Add milk little by little and mix well. Batter should be neither tight like chapathi dough nor loose like dosa batter.
- In the cup cake mould, just fill half of the cup, so that it does not over flow while baking.
- Bake it for 15 min for 180 degree Celsius.
For decoration purposes, I placed a cashew on top of each cupcake before baking.
Tada, flavorful wheat flour cupcakes are ready!!
Note : You can add banana, strawberries, raspberry also.
Hope you liked the recipe. You can also contribute to the guest recipe section of Clicks N Bites. All you need to do is, write a detailed recipe with step by step pictures and a final picture and send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sharing is caring. So, why wait? Go ahead and share this recipe on social media with all your friends and family.