Rava Kesari — sounds quite normal?? Read on to discover a new way of making this simple dessert….
You might be wondering as to what is so new about Rava Kesari. Yup!! There is nothing new in the ingredients. But Rava Kesari in a pressure cooker… sounds interesting right?? This is not only interesting but simplest of the simple. This is an extremely simple method of cooking called OPOS(One Pot One Shot). In short, mix all ingredients in a cooker and pressure cook. Please follow the recipe to the T for the very first time. This is best suited to be tried in a 2L cooker. 3L cooker also works fine. Without further ado, down goes the recipe. Before that, I would like to credit Mr. Ramki of http://ramkicooks.blogspot.in/ who is the founder of OPOS for giving such an easy and tasty recipes.
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Food Colour – a pinch
Double Roasted Rava – 1/4 cup
1. Mix sugar, ghee, water and food colour. Pressure cook(with weight) for one whistle.
2. Lift weight to release steam.
3. Switch off stove and immediatel mix double roasted rava.
4. Close cooker and serve after 20 minutes.
1. Can boil grated fruits, roasted nuts, chopped dried fruits etc with water.
2. Can add more flavouring(saffron, cardamom, cinnamon etc)
3. Reduce water quantit if you like a firmer texture.