Quail Egg Curry with Coconut Milk – Guest Recipe
Today’s recipe is Quail Egg curry with Coconut Milk – a guest recipe from my dear friend Dhanappriya. I usually make egg curry with chicken eggs and also I do not add coconut milk. I am absolutely thankful to Dhana for sending out this egg curry recipe as soon as I asked for. The picture looks absolutely delicious and I am sure it should have tasted yummy too 🙂 There are different ways of making egg curry and the addition of coconut milk in this curry elevates the taste and flavour making it even more delectable.
Let me just write a little on my friendship with Dhana (that is how most of us call her 🙂 ). So, we met in the year 2003 as classmates. Both of us were new joiners and we instantly became friends. We had this new comers gang in school and both of us became part of it instantly. That gang now exists as a Whatsapp group and it is great to be in touch with all of them for such a long time. Talking about Dhana, I still remember her as the absolutely studious girl. I remember attending Chemistry tuition in the early mornings with her. She is a super cool friend, always helpful and absolutely fun to be with. School was seriously fun and I certainly miss those days. The conversations about Chemistry and Physics slowly transformed to baby related talks when we reconnected again a couple of years back. Life is so amazing isnt it? To have friends who are there for you anytime makes it even more amazing. Dhana and my whole gang of friends are of that category. I can not believe time flew so fast and we are discussing about recipes, kids and motherly talks now 😉 A big big thanks to Dhana for instantly sharing this egg curry recipe.
Before I move on to the recipe, let me just share a few health benefits of Quail Eggs. Quail eggs contain 13 per cent protein compared to 11 per cent found in chicken eggs. They also contain 140 per cent of Vitamin B1, compared to 50 per cent found in chicken eggs. Quail eggs are known to help fight allergy symptoms because of the ovomucoid protein that is contained in them. So, I guess I need to try making recipes out of Quail eggs too from now on.
Preparation Method of Quail Egg Curry with Coconut Milk
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Quail Eggs: 6 boiled and peeled
Green Chillies: 2
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder: 1.5 tsp
Chilli Powder: according to taste
Coconut milk: 1 cup
Mustard: 1 tsp
Jeera/Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Salt: to taste
Oil: 6 tsp
1. Boil the quail eggs for 10 minutes. Peel and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan. Add oil and once the oil is hot, temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. Add onions and green chillies. Saute till the onions turn golden brown.
4. Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 4 minutes or till the raw smell leaves.
5. Next add tomatoes,salt, coriander powder and chilli powder. Mix well.
6. Add little water and close the pan until the tomatoes are mashed completely.
7. Finally add thick coconut milk and the boiled quail eggs. Leave for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
1. Chicken eggs can be used instead of quail eggs.
2. The eggs can be pricked with a fork and then dropped into the curry for the flavours to seep in well.