Potato Masala – Perfect match for pooris :)
Am sure many of us love this combination – Poori with potato masala. Who would say no to this excellent combo?? Atleast I wouldn’t. This used to be the Sunday breakfast menu mostly during my childhood and I would keep licking the masala from the plate. Now off to the yummilicious recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Potatoes – 2 medium sized
Onion – 1 medium sized
Tomatoes – 1 medium sized
Oil – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon – Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt – to taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander – for garnish
1. Pressure cook potatoes till soft. Peel and mash them.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds.
3. Add onions and chillies.Saute till onions turn pink.
4. Now add tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
5. Add mashed potatoes, chilli powder and salt. Mix well and leave it for 5 minutes.
6. Switch off the stove and add lemon juice.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with pooris 🙂