Peanut Kurma: I hope all of you had a wonderful first day of the year 2019. I also hope that you liked my previous recipe of Carrot Dosa. Please do try it out and let me know your feedback and I will be glad to know about the same. so, the second recipe of the year is going to be a very simple Kurma that you can pair with idlis, dosas or idiyappam. This Peanut Kurma does not use coconut and as the name suggests, it uses peanuts as the main ingredient.
I usually use peanuts in many of my dishes and I love them. Also, I limit the use of whole spices in most of my foods (since my son hates any tempering or other spices 🙁 ) and use only little garam masala instead. This peanut kurma recipe is very simple to make and is very tasty too. We paired it with idiyappams and we loved it.
Preparation Method of Peanut Kurma:
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Peanuts: little less than 1/2 cup
- Onion: 2 medium
- Tomato: 2 medium
- Green Chillies: 2
- Coriander Powder: 1.5 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: as needed
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1/2 tsp
- Dry roast peanuts on low flame till they change color. Allow them to cool. Then grind the peanuts with some water to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper fennel seeds. Once they splutter, add the onions and chillies and saute till the onions turn transparent.
- Now add tomatoes and little salt. Saute till they turn mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are done, add the spice powders along with little water and mix well.
- Now add the peanut paste and enough water to get the required consistency. Add salt and sugar and allow to simmer for atleast 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with idlis, dosas or idiyappams.