Pachai Payaru Sundal – Green Gram Sundal – Whole Moong Sundal
I always find it easy to cook legumes on a very busy day when I do not have the time to chop veggies. These are extremely healthy, nutritious and tasty too. Green Gram has a host of health benefits. With weight loss being the most talked about topic now, this legume is an apt choice for people who want to lose weight.Apart from weight loss, it is good for hair, skin and also lowers blood pressure. Its nutritional value doubles when it is sprouted. This is an easy peasy dish with minimal ingredients. Scroll down for the recipe.
Preparation Time: 8 hours
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Green Gram/Whole Moong – 1 cup
Green Chillies – 4
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Coconut – 8-10 bite sized pieces
Salt – to taste
Lemon juice – juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
Coriander leaves – handful
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
1. Soak green gram for 7-8 hours. Pressure cook with little salt for 3-4 whistles till soft.
2. Grind chillies, ginger, coconut and coriander to a smooth paste and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once they splutter, add the ground paste and saute for 2 -3 mins.
4. Now add the boiled green gram and mix well.
5. Add required salt and switch off the flame.
6. Finally add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.