Milagu/Pepper Rasam – sssssssss its hot!!
Rasam finds place regularly on a south indian lunch menu. This is one rasam which does not use rasam powder or dhal. It just uses pepper, jeera and a few other ingredients. If you are suffering from cold or nasal congestion, this is an excellent cure and will be absolutely comforting in such times.
Serves: 2 or 3
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Pepper – 1 tsp
Jeera – 1 tsp
Garlic – 5/6 cloves
Oil – 2 tsp
Tamarind – gooseberry sized
Tomato – 1 medium sized chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – a few
Coriander leaves – for garnish
Water – 2.5 cups
Salt- to taste
1. Blend pepper, jeera and garlic cloves to a coarse paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds.
3. Add the paste and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add tamarind extract,water,curry leaves, tomato and salt to taste.
4. Let the mixture come to a boil.
5. Switch off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.