Microwave Gobi Fry – with very little oil :)
I have a preset option on my microwave for Tandoori Gobi and I really wanted to use it. The result – this recipe. This can be shallow fried on a tava too. This is a very easy recipe and when done in a microwave, requires very less oil. Simply marinate the gobi florets in the marination and microwave them for 12 minutes – tada! Its done.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Cauliflower – 1 medium
Sour Hung Curd – 1/2 cup
Besan – 1.5 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 3/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
1. Cut cauliflower into small florets and blanch the florets in boiling water with salt and turmeric for 5 minutes or till they turn tender. Drain and keep aside.Dry roast besan till it changes color.
2. Mix hung curd(take curd in a muslin cloth and hang it for 15 minutes till all the water drains or you can use a coffee filter to do the same), all powders, besan, cauliflower,oil and salt.
3. Leave the marination to rest for atleast 30-45 minutes. You can keep it in the freezer.
4. Transfer the marination to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high power for 10 minutes. Pause at regular intervals to turn the florets to the other side.
5. Yummy gobi fry is ready.
– This can be done on a tawa too. Shallow fry the marinated florets till they turn golden brown.
– Timing varies according to your microwave power setting. If you want it crispy, you can grill it for 8 -10 minutes.
– Can also be deep fried.