Have lots of coriander at home?? Make this Coriander Curd Chutney then!!
When your pantry is overflowing with coriander, you might be wondering how to use it up! You can make a lot of dishes with this healthy and easily available herb like Coriander Rice(replace mint with coriander in this recipe) or combine it with some other ingredient and make something like this. Or you can just try this easy peasy chutney that goes well with hot rice, idli, dosa or anything else!!
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Coriander – 1 medium bunch
Urad Dal – 2 tbsp
Dry Red Chillies – 4-5
Onion – 1 medium sized finely chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curd – 4-5 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp(optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan. Roast urad dal and chillies till dal turns brown. Keep aside.
2. In the same pan, add coriander leaves and slightly saute them till it reduces in size.
3. Heat remaining oil in a pan, temper mustard seeds and saute finely chopped onions till they turn transparent.Allow to cool.
4. Blend roasted dal, chillies, coriander and salt to a semi-coarse paste.
5. Now mix the above mixture with curd and sugar.Add the mustard seeds and sauteed onions.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.