Green Peas Kofta Recipe
I am a big fan of snack and starter recipes and it is no wonder that today’s recipe will be one such recipe: Green peas Kofta. With a toddler at home, I need to keep trying and experimenting new recipes every day either for his lunch box or to serve him in the evenings. This kofta recipe was one such snack that I made for him yesterday. This is a very simple recipe that can be prepared very quickly if you have all the ingredients readily available. I had bought some peas to make Peas Pulao over the weekend but the laziness bug bit me and hence I had to think of something else to finish off the green peas. The mixture used for this kofta recipe can be shaped as per your wish. Mine are not round shaped kofta balls but I shaped them like bullets. You can also shallow fry them if you need to instead of deep frying.
The kofta recipe is absolutely simple as already mentioned. Cooked green peas are lightly mashed, mixed with besan or gram flour and other ingredients, shaped into balls or any other shape and deep fried till golden brown. You can serve this kofta with ketchup or mayonnaise. Ketchup bottle at home went missing and hence I had to eat them with mayonnaise but I loved the combination.
As a customary inclusion, below are some health benefits of Green Peas:
- High in Many Nutrients and Antioxidants
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Support Healthy Blood Sugar Control
- Rich in fiber
Preparation Method of Green Peas Kofta:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Green Peas : 3/4 cup
Ginger: 1′ piece
Green Chillies: 2 or according to spiciness needed
Besan/Gram Flour: 1/2 cup or as required
Salt: to taste
Onion: 1 medium finely chopped
Oil: to deep fry
1. Pressure cook the green peas for 2 whistles or until soft.
2. Grind the chillies and ginger to a paste with very little water.
3. Mash the cooked green peas coarsely and mix all other ingredients except oil to a thick consistency. The consistency should be such that koftas can be shaped out of it.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Deep fry the shaped koftas on medium flame till they turn golden brown.
6. Serve hot with ketchup or mayonnaise.