Flavourful Mint Rice!!! Going greeeen!!!!!!
When you run out of options for lunch or if you are bored with the usual sambar and poriyal stuff, try this easy and flavourful Pudhina/Mint Rice. This is so easy that you hardly need 15 minutes to finish this off. And this is healthy too. What more can you ask for!!
My husband did not want his lunch packed for office today as he had a team lunch planned. As soon as he said that, my interest to wake up and cook in the morning dwindled. Hehe, it happens sometimes!! With summer scorching in Chennai, I wanted to make something that involved the least time in the kitchen. A quick search in the fridge and I ended up finding a bunch of mint leaves. This mint rice was my immediate thought. And tada, here it is!! Recipe below.
Mint – 1 cup (cleaned and tightly packed)
Green chillies – 2
Ginger – small piece
Corinader leaves – a few
Onion – 1 medium finely chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Lemon – 1/2
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Rice – 1/2 cup
1. Cook rice and keep it separately.
2. Grind mint leaves, coriander, ginger and green chillies to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
4. Add finely chopped onions and saute till they turn transparent.
5. Add the mint paste and saute for 5 minutes till it gets cooked.
6. Now add the cooked rice and salt.Mix carefully such that the rice doesnt get mushy.
7. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
8. Easy and simple mint rice is ready to serve. Serve with raitha.