Today’s recipe post will be an extremely simple recipe to make : Egg Maggi. I used to love maggi so dearly in childhood but with all the health awareness spreading these days, I take it only once or twice a year, whenever I have the craving to eat it. It does have refined flour or maida in its ingredients and hence no advisable to consume often. However, once in a while, when you do not have the mood to cook or want to have something in a jiffy, Egg Maggi comes to the rescue. I would deem this as the perfect recipe for bachelors. I suppose a lot of you have already tried this variation of Maggi before. But for those who haven’t tried as yet, scroll down to the recipe.
This recipe of Egg Maggi is extremely simple and needs very few ingredients that are readily available at home. I have only added onions in this recipe. You can feel free to add capsicums or any other veggies you might love to add. Also, the spices can be varied according to your preference. Before you head on the recipe, here is a list of other quick recipes that you can try:
Preparation of Egg Maggi:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Maggi – 140 grams
Eggs – 2
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Oil – as required
Water – 1.5 cups
1. Cook maggi(with the tastemaker) as per the instructions given on the packet.Set aside
2. Meanwhile beat the eggs with chili powder,cumin powder garam masala and salt as required.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onions and fry till the onions turn golden brown.
4. Now add the egg mixture and keep stirring till the eggs are well cooked and scrambled.
5. Add the scrambled egg mixture to the cooked maggi.
6. Mix well without breaking or making the maggi mushy.
7. Serve hot.
1. Finely chopped capsicums can be added after the onions turn golden brown.
2. You can add grated cheese on top of the maggi after its done.
3. You can also try adding soya sauce and chilli sauce instead of the spice powders. If soy sauce is added, be careful with the addition of salt as soya sauce already has salt in it.