Masala Idli/Chilli Idli – Don’t worry about left over idlis now on!!
Masala Idli/Chilli Idli
This is a very simple dish made with leftover idlis and tastes great when taken super hot!! I would rather call this masala idli or Indian chilli idli as it is not a Chinese style recipe but involves more of Indian masala or spice powders. I really do not have much to talk about this dish. Let the recipe talk for itself.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Leftover Idlis – 4(cut into bite sized pieces)
Onion – 1 medium sized
Tomato – 1 medium sized
Capsicum – 1/2
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala/kitchen king masala – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 – 3/4 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 1-2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Jeera – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
2. Once they splutter, add onions and saute till it turns transparent.
3. Now add tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy. Add capsicum pieces and saute till they are partially cooked.
4. Add all the powders and mix well.
5. Now add the leftover idli pieces and add tomato sauce.Mix well.
6. Finally add required salt(add limited salt since idlis alread have salt in them) and garnish with coriander leaves.
1. Idlis need to be a few hours old. The idlis can also be refrigerated or shallow fried for better results.