Today’s recipe is the all time favorite of everyone – Chilli Cheese Toast. Spend just 5 minutes of your time and you are in for a mini treat. Chilli cheese toast requires just minimal ingredients. Whenever you are running out of options for breakfast, make this and you will be delighted. Also best to fix quick cravings or a super cool cheesy yummy evening snack in place.
I love cheese in any form. Be it on a pizza or a sandwich – am always ready for it 🙂 If you are a crazy fan of cheese, do check out the below recipes too
Let me get to this easy peasy recipe now!!
Preparation of Chilli Cheese Toast:
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Whole Wheat Bread Slice: 1
- Grated Cheese: 1 cheese cube or 1.5 tbsp(I used processed cheese. Cheddar cheese can also be used)
- Red Chilli flakes: 2 tsp
- Dried italian herbs: as required
- Butter: 3 tsp
- Butter one side of the bread and keep aside.
- Mix the grated cheese and chilli flakes. Set aside.
- Place the cheese mixture on top of the buttered bread slice.
- Heat a tawa and melt little butter. Place the bread slice with the cheese mixture and toast covered on low flame for 5 minutes.
- When the cheese has melted and the bread has turned golden brown on the underside, remove from heat. Sprinkle dried herbs and serve hot.
Generally, chopped green chillies is used. I used red chilli flakes for a change.Adding dried herbs is optional.