I have been under the weather for a couple of days and all that can cheer me up or make me feel better is FOOD – GOOD FOOD. And what better than cheese toast to cheer me up. I love anything cheesy- from a simple cheese toast to this one with some potatoes to chime in.
I usually make aloo tikkis for my kid’s snack box. Mashed potatoes were left out and hence I wanted to use that up and also make something delightful for my taste buds. If there is something that is sure to make my tongue happy, it is Cheese. Hence, combined the mashed potatoes and cheese to make this very simple toast which took hardly 5 minutes of my time.
I have already posted a few cheese based recipes on the blog. Below are some if you love cheese just as much as I do:
The main ingredients needed for this cheese toast are potatoes and cheese, of course. If you have some leftover potato curry or mashed potatoes, this is the best way to use it up. After all, it hardly takes any time yet tastes delicious. Not to mention, potatoes and cheese are any kid’s favorite and hence your kids will absolutely love it.
And hey, if you equally love indian cottage cheese or paneer, here are some recipes that you might want to check out:
If you are a mother looking for some snack recipes for your kid apart from this one, below is a list of all recipes that your kid will love:
This is a very basic recipe. You can do your own variations to suit your tastes. It does not have a fixed measurement of ingredients and the quantity varies according to preference.
Preparation Method of Aloo Cheese Toast:
- Serves: 1 / Makes 1 toast
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Mashed Potatoes: 1/4 cup ( or 1 medium sized potato)
- Chilli Powder: to taste ( I used around 1/4 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder: a pinch
- Salt: to taste
- Oil/Butter: as needed
- Cheese: 1.5 tbsp
- Whole wheat Bread: 1 slice
- Boil the potato. Mash it well and keep aside.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the mashed potato and mix well.
- Butter one bread slice. Place the mashed potato mixture on one side and press gently.
- Heat a dosa pan or tava. Drizzle some oil and place the potato mixture side on the tava. Leave it for around 2 minutes on low-medium flame or till it is browned.
- Turn over the slice and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Cook covered until cheese melts and the bread is well toasted and golden brown.
Quantity of mashed potatoes can be varied according to preference. You can add more masalas if preferred. Make sure you toast on a low -medium flame else the bread will get burnt easily. You can also add italian herbs or chilli flakes on top.