Carrot Peanut Rice – a different taste to your palate!!
I usually prepare some variety rices for lunch when I get bored of the usual menu. Both me and hubby love rice varieties, pulaos and biriyanis. So, it is always a warm welcome at home. What more can you ask for when it is so easy to prepare and tasty too. This week, it was Carrot Rice, with peanuts!! I make a very simple version of Carrot Rice but wanted something with a different taste this time. So, included peanuts and needless to say this tasted absolutely great.
As most of you might have heard through ages, carrots are rich in Vitamin A and fibre. They are also rich in many other vitamins and are super nutritious foods. most kids love carrots or atleast mine does. So, this is one more way of providing the nutrition to our fussy toddlers. Peanuts are again good sources of vitamin E, niacin,folate, protein and manganese. If you are looking for a healthy option for lunch, then this is the right choice.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Carrots – 2 big grated
Onion – 1 big finely chopped
Peanuts – 1/3 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – for garnish
Salt – to taste
Cooked Rice – 2-3 cups
1. Dry roast the peanuts and red chillies separately. Once cooled down, blend to a smooth powder.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard and cumin seeds.
3. Saute onions till they turn transparent.
4. Now add the carrots and saute till they turn soft.
5. Meanwhile cool cooked rice in a plate.
6. Add the rice to the carrot mixture along with the peanut-chilli powder and required salt.
7. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
– The peanut-chilli mixture might be of paste consistency which is ok. just ensure it is mixed well with the rice.
– You can just serve this rice with plain raita or nothing too.