Can lunch on a sunday be normal?? nah…So here it is Coriander Soya Rice!!
Had a pack of soya chunks and wanted to do something with it. Made this simple and tasty Coriander Soya rice for today’s lunch. This is absolutely healthy too. Coriander is a great source of fiber and soya has tons of protein in it. Apart from these two great sources of nutrition, this rice variety has veggies too. So, lets move on to the recipe of this taste bhi health bhi dish!!
Basmathi Rice – 3/4 cup(soaked for 15-20 minutes)
Soya Chunks – 1.5 cups
Onion – 1 medium sized sliced
Tomatoes – 2 sliced
Carrots, Peas – 3/4 cup chopped
Curd – 3 tbsps
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Cinnamon -1/2″ piece
Cloves – 3
Bay Leaf – 1
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander – 1/2 bunch
Cashews – 5-6
Green Chillies – 4
1. Heat water in a pan. When the water starts to boil, add the soya chunks to the water and leave it for 5-8 minutes or till it is soft.
2. Wash the soya chunks and squeeze the chunks. Add them to cold water and squeeze out the water again. Keep aside.
3. In a pressure pan,add ghee. When ghee is hot, add jeera, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add onions and saute till golden brown. once onions are done, add carrots and peas and saute for 3-4 minutes.
5. Now add tomatoes, the ground paste and the soya chunks with curd and very little water. Let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Now add the soaked rice and 1.5 cups of water. Add required salt and close the lid with weight on.
7. Allow to cook for 2 whistles on high flame and cook on sim for 5 minutes.
8. Tasty Coriander Soya Rice is ready.