Cabbage Peas Curry/Poriyal
Had lots of coconut at home and very badly wanted to use it up. So, thought of making use of it in this stir fry / poriyal that has a combination of Cabbage and Peas. Cabbage Peas Curry/Poriyal mainly uses coconut and green chillies as the base and is extremely simple to prepare.
Cabbage and Peas make a wonderful combination and needless to say, with the addition of coconut, this tasted great. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. It is also a very good source of manganese, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B1, folate and copper.Green peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables rich in health benefiting phyto-nutrients, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants. So, this one is absolutely nutritious and healthy.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Cabbage – 2.5 cups shredded
Peas – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup of bite sized pieces
Green Chillies – 2/3
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – for garnish
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds.
2. Add shredded cabbage and green peas with some salt and saute till the veggies are cooked and soft.
3. Meanwhile, blend coconut and green chillies to a paste.
4. Add this paste to the cooked vegetables along with some water and salt.
5. Cook till the water is evaporated and the curry becomes little dry.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
– Can add ginger if needed.
– Can also steam the veggies and then add.