Brinjal Roast with pickle: Today’s recipe will be a very simple brinjal roast or brinjal tava fry with pickle as the main ingredient. I have not been cooking properly for the last couple of days and I badly wanted to have something properly done today and hence made this brinjal roast. I have already posted a brinjal fry recipe with a different marination which you can find below:
This recipe of brinjal roast uses very minimal ingredients and is very simple to make. I had already experimented a gravy recipe using pickle and it was yummy. Click the below button for the green gram gravy recipe:
If you are a lover of roasts and fries like me, you can find the collection of roast recipes below
Let us move on to the recipe now:
Preparation Method of Brinjal Roast with pickle:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 -15 minutes
- Brinjals – 250 gm or 4 medium sized
- Garlic Pickle or any pickle of your choice – 1.5 tbsp or as needed
- Unrefined Cane sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt -as needed
- Besan/Gram Flour – 2 tbsp or as needed
- Oil – around 1-2 tbsp
- Slice the brinjals thinly and put them in water till usage.
- Take the pickle in a mixing bowl. I had to mash it nicely since it had a lot of garlic cloves. Mix it with all other ingredients nicely.
- Drain the brinjals and add to the above marinade and mix well so that the marinade coats the brinjals very well. You can sprinkle water if needed. Keep these inside the refrigerator for around 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a dosa pan and once hot, add these brinjals slices and roast them on both sides on low to medium flame till done. Once one side is cooked, flip them and drizzle oil.
- Serve hot with plain ghee rice or sambar rice or curd rice.
- You can add more pickle and besan if you need the masala to coat the brinjals nicely.
- Add salt with caution as the pickle already has salt.
- Do not make the marinade watery as it might not coat the slices well.