Beans Stir Fry – very very easy!!
Beans is one of the healthiest veggies. It is important to somehow include green vegetables in our diet daily.This is a very simple stir fry/poriyal recipe using beans. This mainly uses idli podi/gunpowder for the spiciness and tomatoes. I learnt this from mother in law. Tastes great with hot steamed rice and ghee. Can be made in a jiffy. So suitable on busy days when you are in a hurry. Lets move on to the recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Beans – 250g
Tomatoes – 2 small
Idli Podi /Gunpowder – 1-2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Coriander leaves – for garnish
1. Pressure cook beans for 3 whistles till soft and cooked.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves.
3. Add tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
4. Now add the cooked beans and mix well.
5. Add the gunpowder and required salt. Mix well and leave for about 2-3 minutes.
6. Switch off and garnish with coriander leaves.
– The amount of idli podi used depends on the level of spiciness required.
– You can check the recipe of idli podi here.
– Grated coconut can also added at the last.