Baby Corn Fry | Golden Fried Baby Corn
Baby Corn Fry | Golden Fried Baby Corn : Today’s recipe is a starter recipe made out of Baby corns. This is one starter than I often order when we dine out at restaurants. As soon as I saw a packet of baby corns at the supermarket, I picked it up at once and making a starter recipe out of it was on my mind since then. This is a super simple recipe that hardly takes time to make yet is very very delicious. This basically does not need any elaborate dip or anything of that kind. Just some ketchup or mayo would do the trick. Imagine having a hot cup of tea with a plate of these deliciously crispy fried baby corn pieces for sides. That feels amazing right? Now, stop imagining and get working to turn it into reality 😉
Before I move on the recipe, let us see some health benefits of baby corn:
- Low In Calories
- Rich In Fibre
- Low-Carb Veggie
- Nutrient Dense
- Stimulates Digestion
- Promotes Healthy Vision
- Rich Source Of Folate
Preparation Method for Baby Corn Fry:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Baby Corns : 10 to 12
Pepper: 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour: 1 tbsp
Salt: as required
Oil: for deep frying
1. Boil some water in a pan. When the water is boiling, add the whole baby corns and close the pan. Leave it for 7 minutes and switch off. Drain the water and allow the baby corns to cool down a bit.
2. Cut the parboiled baby corns into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
3. Dry roast pepper and cumin seeds till the cumin seeds begin to crackle and change color.
4. Grind the roasted peppercorns and cumin seeds to a coarse powder.
5. Mix the baby corn pieces, the pepper and cumin powder, rice flour and salt by sprinkling very little water. The baby corn pieces must be well coated.
6. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the baby corn pieces till they turn golden brown and crispy. Deep fry in a medium flame. This takes around 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Serve hot with ketchup or any dip of your choice.
1. Quantity of pepper can be increased according to taste preferences.