Almond Paneer Capsicum Curry – experimental success!!
I always keep experimenting in my kitchen and come up with some interesting recipe. Specially when I get bored of the usual stuff, I put on the experimenting hat. Today was one such day! Phew, really bored with the usual sabji that is made with capsicum. So, made the usual one with half of the capsicums and reserved the remaining portion for my experiment. Hubby gets the usual one for lunch and the selfish me, the new and much yummier curry!! Well, I reserved some for hubby and got some appreciation too 😉 😉 Ok, now this is a simple curry which has almonds and paneer apart from capsicums to add to the richness of the curry. I had it with hot steamed rice. It tasted great with aapams too. So should be a great match with rotis as well. Off to the recipe now.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Capsicum – 1 cup chopped
Onions – 1 medium sized
Almonds – 25
Paneer – 4 tbsp
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Green Chillies – 2
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Tamarind – small gooseberry sized
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Soak almonds in hot water for around 10 minutes. Peel the skin and keep aside.
2. Grind the almonds along with coconut, green chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste adding enough water.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Next add onions and saute till they turn brown.
5. Now add chopped capsicum and saute till they turn little soft.
6. Now add the ground paste,turmeric powder and saute till the capsicums are completely cooked.
7. Add required salt and sugar.
8. Finally add grated paneer and mix well.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.