Idlis are the one of the healthiest foods. Make these fluffy little ones more interesting and tastier with this recipe.
Yield: 8 idlis
Broken Wheat – 1 cup
Sour curd – 1/2 cup
Carrots – 1 grated
Green Chillies – 2
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp(optional)
Oil – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – as required
1. Dry roast the broken wheat/godhuma ravai/daliya for 3 minutes till it gives a nice aroma.Grind it to a coarse powder once it cools down. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds. Add green chillies, carrot, turmeric powder and chilli powder and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3. Combine the roasted daliya, curd and other ingredients with enough water to a idli batter consistency( not too thick or not too watery).
4. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
5. Now pour the batter into idli moulds and steam on high flame for 20 minutes.
6. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.