Sweet Corn Chutney -for your idlis and dosas!!
Had some sweet corn lying in my pantry. Wanted to try out something new and this chutney was the result. Paired it with some Broken Wheat idlis and it tasted great. If you are bored of the usual corn chat or soups etc., try this chutney for a change. This will surely be a change from your usual chutneys too!! Check out the recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Sweet Corn Kernels – 3/4 cup
Channa Dal – 3 tbsp
Red Chillies – 2
Green Chillies – 2
Tamarind – Gooseberry sized
Jaggery – 1 tsp or to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Curry Leaves – a few
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
CHECK OUT THE MEGA MOBILE SALE ON AMAZON
1. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Keep aside.
2. Heat some more oil in a pan. Saute channa dal and chillies till dal turns golden brown.
3. Steam corn kernels with some water till it turns soft. I microwaved the corn with some water for 3 minutes. You can also put it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
4. Grind the boiled corn, channa dal, chillies along with tamarind, jaggery and salt to a smooth paste.
5. Add the tempering to the chutney finally.
6. Serve with idlis or dosas.