This is the first time I tried stuffed ladies finger and we loved it. The authentic “Bharwan Bhindi” recipe uses a mixture of spices as the filling. For a change, I tried with paneer masala as the filling. Ladies Finger/Okra/Bhindi is a highly nutritious vegetable which helps in weight loss, good for the heart and helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This uses a little extra oil but indulgence once in a while is ok 😉 With protein packed paneer for the filling, this is even more nutritious and needless to say super tasty. This can be served as a starter or had with plain rice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ladies Finger – 15-18
Paneer – 100 gms
Onion – 1 small sized finely chopped
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala – 1/4 tsp(optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Butter – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Wash and wipe the bhindis dry with a kitchen cloth. Slit in the middle.
2. For the filling, heat butter in a pan. Once it sizzles, add cumin seeds.
3. Once they splutter, add onions and saute till they turn pink.
4. Then add crumbled paneer and all the masalas. Mix well.
5. Add required salt and keep aside.
6. Fill the paneer mixture into the slit bhindis and keep aside.
7. Heat oil in a pan and add the bhindis and cook on low flame for around 8-10 minutes turning them occassionally. Cook till they are completely done.
8. Switch off the flame and sprinkle chat masala.
– Lemon juice can also be added at last instead of chat masala.