Beetroots and Pistachios!!! Combination might sound weird. But trust me. This tasted great. Healthy, simple and tasty soup! Time to slurppppppppppppppp!!
Beetroot – 1 medium
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Capsicum – 1/2
Green chillies – 2
Pistachios – 10-12
Butter – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar -1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Peel and chop beetroot. Chop other veggies also.
2. Mix all veggies, chillies and pistachios.Pressure cook for 7-8 whistles.
3. Blend the above mixture to a smooth paste.
4. Heat butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add the paste along with milk and required water.
5. Once the mixture starts boiling, add sugar and salt.
6. simmer for 5 minutes and switch off.
7. Garnish with chopped onions, pistachios and coriander leaves.
Note: Since I added green chillies, I did not use pepper powder. This is your personal preference. if you have added more water, you can use corn flour to thicken the soup.