Beetroot Soup with Pistachios
How many of you love soups? Soups are tasty, healthy and comforting too. so, here is a recipe of Beetroot soup along with pistachios. Beetroots and Pistachios!!! Combination might sound weird. But trust me. This tasted great. This is an absolutely healthy, simple and tasty soup!When winter sets in and you really need something very warm and comforting, this beetroot soup should be a great choice. With the addition of pistachios, this beetroot soup is super rich and even more tasty. I always try to post innovative recipes on the blog apart from the usual and traditional recipes. This beetroot soup was one such experiment and it was a great success. All of us loved it and I am sure you guys will love it too. So, why wait? head on to the recipe, make it and slurppppppppppppppp!! Please do not forget to write to me at email@example.com on how you liked the recipe. Also, feel free to share the recipe on social media so that all your friends too enjoy 🙂
Beetroot – 1 medium
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Capsicum – 1/2
Green chillies – 2
Pistachios – 10-12
Butter – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar -1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Peel and chop beetroot. Chop other veggies also.
2. Mix all veggies, chillies and pistachios.Pressure cook for 7-8 whistles.
3. Blend the above mixture to a smooth paste.
4. Heat butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add the paste along with milk and required water.
5. Once the mixture starts boiling, add sugar and salt.
6. simmer for 5 minutes and switch off.
7. Garnish with chopped onions, pistachios and coriander leaves.
Note: Since I added green chillies, I did not use pepper powder. This is your personal preference. if you have added more water, you can use corn flour to thicken the soup.