Was down with cold and fever last week. So am back now. What else can be more comforting than a simple dhal mixed with hot rice and ghee! Here comes my dhal recipe which has snake gourd in it. I used masoor dhal as against the normal tuvar dal or moong dal and this imparts a unique taste to this dish.
Masoor Dhal – 1/2 cup
Snake Gourd – 2 medium sized peeled and chopped
Ghee – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Garlic – 5 cloves
Green Chillies – 2
salt – to taste
1. Pressure cook dhal and snake gourd till soft.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and temper cumin, red chillies, and garlic.
3. Add to dhal and vegetable mixture with enough water and salt.
4. Allow the dhal to come to a boil.
5. Temper green chillies in ghee and add to the dhal finally.
Note: Masoor dhal can be replaced with tuvar/moong dal or a combination of both.