This is one of the regular sabjis made at home. I love potatoes. Give them raw, boiled, steamed or fried. Just give them to me and I will gobble it up. So, no wonder this is one of favorite curries both to make and to eat. Its extremely simple but very tasty and I am sure you people will like it too 🙂
Serves: 2 or 3
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Potato – 1 big
Capsicum – 2
Onion – 1 medium sized finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2 medium sized finely chopped
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Pressure cook the potatoes till soft. Peel and mash them coarsely.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and once they splutter, add onions and saute till transparent.
3. Add tomatoes and little salt. Saute till the tomatoes turn mushy.
4. Now add all the powders and mix well.
5. Add finely chopped capsicum and required salt. Mix well so that the masala coat the pieces.
6. When the capsicum is partially cooked, add the potatoes and mix well.
7. Cook till the capsicum is completely cooked.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.