Semiya Payasam with a twist – Chocolate Semiya Payasam!!
This is a long pending post!! With a toddler at home, I hardly get time to post 🙁 Phew!! Anyways, coming back to the post now. We celebrated our wedding anniversary a few days back and I wanted to make some sweet for my sweet hubby. I made the usual Semiya Payasam but with a twist – Yes, made it choco Semiya Payasam. This is a very simple recipe and does not deviate much from the original one and it can be done in a jiffy too. So, make this for your loved ones and guests and celebrate!!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Roasted Vermicelli – 1/3 cup
Full fat Milk – 500 ml
Cashews and Raisins – a few
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Cocoa Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Milk Powder – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
1. Dry roast vermicelli till golden brown and keep aside.
2. Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Meanwhile, heat some ghee and roast cashews and raisins and keep aside.
4. When the milk comes to a boil, add the vermicelli and cook till it is done.
5. when the vermicelli is almost done, add milk and cocoa powder. Mix well.
6. Now add the sugar and mix well till it dissolves completely.
7. Finally add the cashews and raisins.
8. Switch off. Serve hot/cold according to preference.