Desserts on the blog are a rare phenomenon. I somehow have not posted many recipes in that category so far. I love sweets though. So, here comes a yummy Halwa recipe made with rusk – Rusk and Milk Powder Halwa. I wanted to somehow use up the rusk and milk powder lying in my kitchen for long and this was the result. It is a very simple dessert to make and tastes great. Do try it out and let me know your feedback.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Whole Wheat Rusk – 4 or 1/2 cup
Milk Powder – 1/2 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Almonds, Cashews and Raisins – 10 each
Ghee – 4 tsp
1. Grind rusk to a smooth powder and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan. Roast the dry fruits and keep aside.
3. In the same pan, add the remaining ghee and roast the rusk and milk powder till all the ghee is absorbed.
4. Add 1/2 cup milk and mix well so that there are no lumps.
5. Add the sugar and mix well.
6. Now add the remaining milk and cook till it reaches a halwa consistency.
7. Add dry fruits. Mix well and serve.
– If milk powder is unavailable, you can replace with rusk powder alone.