Okay, so the saying goes like this ‘Necessity is the mother of invention’. You might be wondering what this saying has to do with this recipe. Let me explain. I had some leftover potatoes and fresh cream in my pantry. Was wondering what to do with those. Then came the idea!! Potato sandwiches with scrambled egg filling. This will go well as a party starter and down goes the recipe.
Potato – 1 big sized
Eggs – 3
Onion – 1 medium sized finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2
Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp or more
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp + for shallow frying
For the Marinade:
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Slice the potato and marinate the slices in the marinade for atleast 30 minutes. You can even place the marinated slices in the refrigerator.
2. Shallow fry the marinated potato slices till they turn golden brown on both sides.
1. Whisk the eggs with fresh cream.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds.
3. Once the cumin seeds splutter, add finely chopped onion and green chillies and saute till transparent.
4. Finally add the egg mixture and stir till the eggs are scrambled and done.
5. Add required salt.
Place the scrambled egg mixture on top of the potato slice and garnish with tomato ketchup and cilantro. Another potato slice can be kept on top and that becomes a potato egg sandwich(without bread of course). Now go and grab a bite. Nope, its always CLICK N BITE!! 😉