Pori/Borugulu/Puffed Rice Vada – Easy snack!!
Hope you guys liked my previous recipe, Omelette Sandwich. Back with another snack recipe but this time it is from my mom’s kitchen. Yup, am at my mom’s place and guess what?? I have been enjoying yummy dishes from her kitchen. She made these crunchy and crispy Puffed Rice Vadas for me yesterday. I really love this and I have tried this too. A couple of these with a hot cup of tea will make your evening satisfying.
The main ingredient used here is Puffed Rice or Pori or Borugulu. It’s extremely simple and can be made in a jiffy and your guests will love it. If you have an excess of puffed rice, go for this Vada instead of usual bhel or something else. You can also try upma with puffed rice.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Puffed Rice – around 2-3 cups
Besan/Chickpea flour – as needed
Onions – 1 big finely chopped
Green chillies – 2/3 finely chopped
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – finely chopped
Oil – for deep frying
1. Soak the puffed rice in enough water for around 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain the water. Squeeze the water from the soaked Pori and keep aside.
3. To this, add finely chopped onions, chillies, coriander leaves,required Besan and salt. The amount of Besan should be such that you can shape the vadas out of it. Batter should not be watery.
4. Heat oil in a kadai. Once the oil is hot, make vadas out of the batter and deep fry in batches.
5. Serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.