A post after a very long time!! Having internet connectivity problems at home. Anyways coming to the post, this is a very very simple yet tasty plantain fry. My mouth waters on the very thought of this dish. This can be served as a starter or can also be had with rice.Check it out for yourselves!!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Plantain/Raw Bananas – 2 big
Coriander Powder – 1.5 tsps
chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Lemon – Juice of 1/2 lemon(optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Peel and slice the plantains to thin slices.
2. Marinate the slices with all the masala powders,lemon juice and a little oil for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves.
4. Now add the marinated slices and mix well such that oil coats the slices.
5. After 2 minutes, add required salt and cook on low flame till the raw bananas are cooked and soft.
6. You can cook for some more time if you want them crispy.