Plantain Sesame Curry
Was bored of the usual plantain curry that is done!! So tried this recipe and it tasted good.
Raw Bananas/Plantains – 2
White Sesame seeds – 2.5 tbsp
Tamarind – Gooseberry sized
Green Chillies – 2 or 3
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Peel and chop plantains into bite sized pieces.
2. Pressure cook the plantains with tamarind extract, turmeric powder and salt for 1 whistle.
3. Dry roast sesame seeds and green chillies. Grind them into a fine paste after cooling.
4. Heat oil in a pan and temper mustard seeds.
5. Add the cooked plantain pieces and the sesame chilli paste and chilli powder.
6. Add required salt and allow the pieces to absorb the paste. Leave for 3 minutes and switch off the stove.
7. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and coriander.