Hello folks. Belated Pongal/Sankranthi wishes to everybody. I had been super busy these two days and wasn’t even able to switch on my laptop. Neither could I take a picture of the Sakkarai Pongal and Pal Pongal that I had prepared. I promise to share the recipes of those two soon so that you can bookmark them and use it for your next Pongal. With two days of yummy feasts like Sweet/Sakkarai Pongal and Pal Pongal, if you are looking for a different dish for a change, here comes the simple Pepper Mushroom to satiate your spicy cravings. This is so simple that it hardly took me around 15 minutes to prepare it.
A lot of vegetarians do not take mushroom and I was one among them. But once you taste it, I am sure you will fall in love with these. They are super nutritious too. Mushrooms are a great source of vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, Selenium, copper and potassium. I usually prepare gravy with mushrooms that goes very well with rotis etc ( Check out the recipe here – Simple Mushroom Gravy). My mother in law loves mushrooms and of course, all of us like it too 🙂 This was the first time I tried this and it tasted great. You can have this as a starter or pair it with some mild pulao(Check out these rice varieties) /fried rice etc. Off to the recipe now.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Button Mushrooms – 200 g
Onion – 1 medium chopped
Garlic – 5 cloves
Cumin/Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
corn flour – 2 tsp
Milk – 1/4 cup
oil – 4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – to garnish
1. Clean and chop mushrooms into small pieces. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Saute till the onions turn transparent and the garlic turns brown.
3. Now add mushrooms, cumin powder,pepper powder,salt amd little water. Saute till the mushrooms are cooked.
4. Mix corn flour and milk without lumps. Add this mixture and cook till the whole mass becomes little thick.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.