My mom makes yummy masala rice flour balls. Came across Pasta sundal in a cookery show today when I was reminded of mom’s recipe. This is a variation of her recipe with pasta. Tasted yummy. Why always italian when our south indian style tastes equally good!! Try it for yourself and you will love it 🙂
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Pasta – 1 cup
Onion – 1 medium sized finely chopped
Tamarind – slightly bigger than a marble
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Idli molagapodi/ Gun Powder – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Heat water in a pan. Add little salt and little oil along with water. When the water starts boiling, add the pasta and cook till al dente.
2. Drain excess water and run the pasta through cold water and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds.
4. Add onions,curry leaves and saute till transparent.
5. Add pasta, tamarind extract, gun powder and mix well.
6. Finally add salt and switch off.
Note: Gun powder can be replaced by chilli powder. Quantity can be varied according to the spice level required.