I love sandwiches.. although very weird that I haven’t posted a sandwich recipe(using bread) as yet!! Well, I promise I will post one very soon. I get this sudden craving to eat something at times. And one fine day, wanted to have sandwiches. I did not have bread in my pantry though. I could find only eggs in my fridge and a few capsicums. So, to satiate my craving, I had to make this Omelette Sandwich and trust me, my palate was super happy 🙂 Simple ways to bring you the happiness right??
This is a super simple recipe which can be done in a jiffy. The basic idea here is to use omelette instead of bread.You can always experiment or innovate with the fillings. Mine was a very simple filling that uses onions, tomatoes and capsicums mainly. Eggs and veggies together made this yummy and healthy too. Let us move on to the recipe now.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Onion – 1 medium
Tomatoes – 1 medium
Capsicum – 1/2 big
Green Chilli Sauce – 2 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp
Eggs – 2
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions and saute till they turn pink.
2. Next add tomatoes and little salt. Saute till little mushy.
3. Next add capsicums and saute till they turn little soft.
4. Now add the sauces, pepper powder, mayonnaise and salt. Mix well.
5. Meanwhile break the eggs and whisk them well with little salt.
6. Make omelettes and cut each into four portions.
7. Stuff the filling between two omelette pieces and serve with tomato ketchup.
– Any filling can be used.
– Mayonnaise is optional but gives a nice thickness to the filling.
– You can add dried herbs like oregano too.
– Omelette can also be made more spicy and with other masalas.