Masala Egg Roast/Muttai Varuval
I can never ever get bored of eggs literally. I love them 🙂 And what would you say if you have a life partner with the same taste – LUCK isn’t it? Yes, pure luck. Both of us love eggs and I have mentioned this so many times in this blog too. Sundays and special lunches go hand in hand. That is no exception at my home. A tired hubby takes care of the kid and when both the kids – the grown up and the little one are busy having a nap, the wife decides to surprise them with something special. Yes, and know what the specials were this Sunday? Baby corn Dum Biriyani along with this yummy Muttai Varuval/Egg Roast. This is a very very simple dish and the best part about this is, I made it in a sandwich maker with little oil.
You can check out other egg recipes here.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Hard Boiled Eggs – 5
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
Amchur Powder/ Dry Raw Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 3 tsp
Coriander leaves – for garnish
1. Mix all the powders and salt together with a little oil.
2. Cut the eggs into two and prick them with a fork all over.
3. Coat the egg halves with the masala paste and leave aside for around 30 minutes.
4. Heat a sandwich griller. Once hot, place the marinated eggs and drizzle oil all over them.
5. When done on one side, carefully turn over to the other side and roast till done.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
– Amchur can be replaced with a dash of lemon juice at the last.
– You can make this on a tawa too.