Mushroom Masala with Peanuts
Back with a yummy Mushroom Masala recipe for the day. I had picked up a packet of mushrooms the other day at the supermarket. Made this super easy and tasty Mushroom Masala recipe today for my hubby’s lunchbox. This is a very simple and quick Mushroom Masala recipe that uses peanuts to lend a body to the masala. This is a perfect accompaniment for rotis/phulkas and also pairs very well with plain white rice. I have always been a fan of mushrooms and must say, my kid also fell in love with mushrooms after having this Mushroom Masala. If you are a fan of mushrooms just like me, then try this Mushroom Masala recipe immediately and do not forget to write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org on how it turned out. I will be absolutely glad to hear your feedback and would be even more pleased to see pictures of food cooked from Clicks N Bites. Now, off to the recipe.
Preparation Method for Mushroom Masala
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Mushrooms – 400 gms
Onions – 2 small sized finely sliced
Tomatoes – 2 medium sliced
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Amchur/Dried mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted Peanuts – handful
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Jeera – 2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera and once it splutters, add finely sliced onions and saute till they are brown in color.
2. Next add the tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
3. Add all the spice powders expect amchur powder and cook till the raw smell leaves.
4. Add chopped mushrooms and saute till they are completely cooked and all the water content evaporates.
5. Finally, add roasted peanut paste, salt and amchur powder and cook closed for about 3-4 minutes. All the water in the paste should evaporate and also the masala should be dry.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or rice.