Mint Paneer Roast – one more in the starter menu :)
Back with another starter post today. Today’s recipe is made from everyone’s favourite ingredient – Paneer or Cottage Cheese. Yes, it is Mint Paneer Roast. I keep trying new dishes to satisfy my kid’s tastes and this paneer roast was one such successful experiment. He loved it. Being an ardent lover of Paneer, my kid absolutely liked this paneer roast without even minding about the addition of mint leaves. This is absolutely healthy with the addition of mint leaves and very simple to make. Head on to the recipe now and try this Paneer roast as soon as you can.
Preparation for Mint Paneer Roast:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Paneer – 200 gm
Mint Leaves – 1/2 cup tightly packed
Green Chilli – 1 or 2 depending on the spice level
Roasted Gram Dal/ Pottukadalai/ Dalia – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as needed
Oil – to shallow fry
1. Blend mint, chillies, roasted gram dal, salt and sugar to a smooth paste with very little water.
2. Cut paneer into cubes and marinate the cubes in the mint mixture for about an hour or so.
3. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes till golden brown.
4. Serve hot.
1. The mint paste should be of right consistency. It should not be watery and the paneer cubes have to be coated well.
2. The paneer cubes can be pierced with a fork so that the paste seeps well inside.