Kesari – the name generally takes our thoughts to rava!! But this is different. This uses ragi as the main ingredient. I keep experimenting in my kitchen and this recipe is one of my experiments and was extremely successful. I just loved the taste and can be done in a jiffy.
Ragi flour – 1/4 cup
sugar – 1/3 cup
Milk – 1.5 cups
Cashewnuts – 5-6
Ghee – 3 tsp
1. Dry roast ragi flour for 3 minutes till nice aroma comes. Keep aside.
2. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and roast cashews till golden brown.
3. Heat milk in a pan and allow it to come to a boil.
4. After milk boils, add sugar.
5. Once sugar dissolves, add the roasted ragi flour slowly and keep stirring till it comes as one single mass. Add 2 tsp ghee and stir. Check if ragi is cooked.Once done,switch off the stove and add the cashews.