Karuveppilai Podi/Curry Leaves Powder
Karuveppilai Podi/Curry Leaves Powder is a staple in my mother’s kitchen. She always makes many podis like this (Paruppu Podi, Idli Podi, Khus Khus Podi etc to name a few..). When in no mood to cook, just mix this with hot steamed rice and ghee and you are good to go. Tastes divine, absolutely healthy and makes use of the curry leaves that are otherwise thrown away. What else can you ask for!!!
This one is a gem of a recipe. You can serve this with idlis and dosas too. When you have an abundance of curry leaves, you can make this and safely stock it up. Do try and let me know your feedback at email@example.com or on my fb page at https://Facebook.com/clicksnbites
Preparation method for Curry Leaves powder
Curry Leaves – 1 cup tightly packed
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Channa Dal – 1/2 cup
Coriander Seeds/Dhania – 1/4 cup
Pepper – 1 tsp
Jeera/Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 12-13
Salt – to taste
1. Dry roast curry leaves in a kadai till they turn dry and crisp. Keep aside.
2. Next dry roast the dals on a low flame till they turn golden brown.Keep aside.
3. Dry roast pepper,jeera and dhania till the dhania changes color.Keep aside.
4. Finally dry roast the chillies till they give a nice sound and turn crisp.
5. Once all the ingredients have cooled down, blend them with required salt in a mixer. The powder can be coarse or fine depending on your choice.