As promised, here comes my first recipe on this blog. Spicy spicy Pepper Chole just for you people!! This is actually an inspiration from another recipe on another blog (http://ramkicooks.blogspot.in/) which has some really awesome recipes that can be done the OPOS (wonder what it is!! It is One Pot One Shot) way. I will share a few OPOS recipes in the coming weeks. However,this recipe was done the normal way. So why wait?? Scroll down and say ssssss(This is really hot!!! Pepper afterall 😉 )
White Kabuli Channa – 1 cup
Onion – 1 medium sized
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 2.5 tsp
Fresh Cream – Optional
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Soak channa overnight and pressure cook soaked channa for about 7-8 whistles.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
3. After the cumin seeds splutter, add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste.Saute till the raw smell leaves.
4. Add boiled channa after onions turn transparent.
5. Add turmeric powder, garam masala, pepper powder, tomato sauce, fresh cream and mix well.
6. Finally add required salt and garnish with coriander leaves.
Note: Replace channa with paneer for Pepper Paneer.