I should say yesterday was a leftovers day at my place. Somehow didn’t feel like eating rice or the sabji for lunch. How much ever I ate, I still had some left. And then came the dinner dilemma as always. Was reminded of the rotis my mom used to make with left over rice. But had sabji and some bread slices as well. Ah!! Apply the same principle and tada !! These lovely rice and sabji balls were the result!!
Left Over Rice – around 3/4 cup
Potato Sabji – around 1 cup
Bread Slices – 3
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – very little
1. Soak the rice in some water for around 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water and squeeze the rice.
3. Mix rice, potato sabji, bread slices(soaked in water and squeezed) and all other ingredients.
4. Heat oil in a paniyaram pan and make small balls out of the mixture and shallow fry them.
5. Serve hot with ketchup or any chutney.
Note: Potato sabji recipe – Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and saute. Add boiled potatoes and chilli powder. Mix well. Finally add salt and lemon juice.
My sabji was spicy enough so I did not add extra chilli powder for spiciness. You are free to experiment with any other left over as well. Also you can add garam masala powder.The mixture has to be tight enough to shape balls out of it.