Back with a guest post after a long time. Had been to my relatives house for Diwali when I tasted this sinfully delicious burfi/fudge made of almonds. Requested for the recipe and here it is. Thanks to Mrs. Latha Sivakumar for this droolicious sweet recipe.
Yield: 40 pieces
Time: 30 minutes
Almonds – 1 cup
Sugar – 1.5 cups
Ghee – 100 gms
1. Soak almonds in hot water for about 30 minutes. Take them out and remove the skin.
2. Grind the peeled almonds with little water.
3. Mix the almond paste and sugar together.
4. Heat a pan. Once hot, add the almond – sugar mixture and keep stirring on medium flame till it reaches a semisolid consistency.
5. At one stage, it will become very tough to stir. Add ghee at that stage and mix well. Leave for a minute till the ghee is absorbed well.
6. Grease a plate with ghee. Now pour the almond mixture and leave it for 10 minutes so that it sets well.
7.Once set, cut into pieces and serve.