Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake -“Without Refined flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder and baking soda”
Hello my dear readers. Hope all of you had a wonderful Valentine’s day. This one is a super late post for Valentine’s day and I am super sorry about that. However, you could also check this super easy and yummy Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake and make it any day for your Valentine 😉 Everyday is a Valentine’s day for one in love, right?! As I write this post, all I get is sweet memories of my first Valentine date with my hubby. I will keep going on and on about this if you would let me to. But before that, a short note about this recipe. This recipe is adapted from SharmisPassions site and you can find the original recipe here. This one is a super healthy eggless cake recipe.
My valentine aka my hubby is a health freak and I am slowly converting to one too!! So, what is more special than treating him with a homemade, healthy and yummy cake for the V-day. This turned out good and he really like it. Since this one is an eggless whole wheat jaggery cake(“Without Refined flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder and baking soda”), this is absolutely on the permitted list of foods for my toddler too. With the awareness on healthy foods and avoidance of refined products increasing, I would say this is absolutely healthy for your kids. So, why wait?? Try it out as soon as you can 🙂
Preparation of Eggless Whole wheat Jaggery cake
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 1 7″ round pan cake
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Powdered or Grated Jaggery – 1/2 cup
Boiled and Cooled milk – 1/2 cup
Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar for garnish – optional
1. In a mixing bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well. I used a hand beater to mix this.
2. To the above mixture, add sifted whole wheat flour and mix well without any lumps.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the cake mixture to an oil greased round pan and pat to get rid of air bubbles.
5. Bake it in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack and garnish with powdered sugar.
1. I used buttermilk as replacement for baking powder and baking soda.
2. Timing varies from oven to oven. Please keep a check on the cake at regular intervals.
3. The color of the cake depends on the color of the jaggery used.