Pulaos are really easy to prepare and taste yummy when paired with a spicy gravy. So, our Sunday menu had this pulao this time. Double beans/ Lima beans are excellent sources of protein. I have used dried beans in this recipe. Dried or fresh, these beans lend an awesome flavour and taste to the otherwise bland rice. With no further ado, let me go straight to the recipe!!
Preparation Time: 8 hours soaking time + 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Dried Double Beans – 3/4 cup
Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 3
Ginger – 1″ piece
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Butter/Ghee – 2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Coriander – for garnish
1. Pressure cook the beans for 2-3 whistles.Soak rice for atleast 20 minutes.
2. Grind chillies and ginger to smooth paste.
3. Heat butter/ghee in a pressure pan and add cumin seeds.
4. Once they splutter, add the chilly ginger paste and the cooked beans.Saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now drain excess water from soaked rice and add it.
6. Saute for 3 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of water to the above.
8. When the mixture starts to boil, add required salt and close the pressur e pan with weight on.
9. Cook on medium flame for 2 whistles and simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Double Beans Pulao is ready 🙂
– Coconut milk can be replaced with water or milk.
– Butter/Ghee can be replaced with oil.