Cucumber Pachadi for the hot summer!!
This is a recipe that I learnt from my mom. Goes really well with hot rice. Simple yet yummy…
Cucumber – 1 medium sized(thick one)
Channa Dal – 2 tbsp
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Tamarind – marble sized
coconut – 1/4 of one
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – To taste
Tempering and Garnish:
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Onion – 1 finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan and roast channa dal and chillies till the dal turns golden brown.
2. Peel and finely chop cucumber. Add salt and keep aside.
3. Blend roasted dal, chillies, tamarind extract, sugar, salt and coconut to a fine paste.
4. Now squeeze cucumber without the water and mix to the above paste.
5. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves.
6. Add tempering and fried onions to the pachadi.
7. Enjoy with hot rice.