Chutney…Have u heard of apple chutney?? Read on!!
Had loads of apples at home. Kiddo does not like apples. And we people are bored of eating it again and again. So wanted to do something else with the apples when I came across this recipe in a cookbook. Trust me, this tasted extremely yummy!!!
Apples – 2
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
A pinch of asafoetida
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Peel and chop apples into fine pieces.
2. Heat oil in medium flame and temper mustard seeds.
3. Once they splutter, add fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida and apples.
4. Stir and mix thoroughly.
5. Add chilli powder, salt and sugar, stir and cook till apples turn soft.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Can be served with idli/dosa.